Sunday, April 3, 2011

By Golly, I've Done It.

You may or may not recall a blog post I wrote a long time ago, lamenting about the fact that I have been thus far unsuccessful in my endeavors to bake a delicious chocolate chip cookie. My numerous previous attempts have left much to be desired.

But I now feel pretty confident that I have found the recipe that I will get tattooed on my forearm in order to have it at my disposal at all times. These cookies are big, fat bakery style cookies. They are enormous and chocolate chippy and chewy and buttery and ohsofreakindelicious. I ate 2 of them and I am teetering on the edge of a dangerous sugar coma. This is saying a lot from someone with a sweet tooth of such magnitude. Try them. Love them.

Presenting:

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie I Ever Done Made
(Found on Allrecipes)

This is an actual photo of the actual cookie I made!
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips (I used a whole bag. I love me some choco chips.)

1. Preheat the oven to 325. Grease your baking sheet or use parchment paper or whatever floats your boat.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat until light and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Stick the batter in the fridge and forget about it for an hour or so. The dough is pretty wet, and sticking it the fridge allows it all to come together and work as a team to become the best darn choco chip cookie on earf.
5. After an hour of pacing around the kitchen and snitching cookie dough, drop the cookie dough by 1/4 cup full (YES 1/4 cup! These are big ol' cookies). Press them down just a bit. Space the cookies apart by 3 inches.
6. Pop the pan in the oven for about 15 minutes. Check them towards the end and pull them out when the edges are starting to become golden. They might not look quite done, but don't overcook these little buddies or you will cry. Take them out and let them cool for a few minutes on the pan before you put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Eat at least one while still warm and gooey and consider starting a new religion designed upon reveling in the glory that is a perfect chocolate chip cookie.

As a very relevant and natural conclusion to this post, here a picture of our cute friend Jessica holding her cute little boxer puppy between her legs, next to my cute husband Cary holding our cute little puppy between his legs. She's a dainty little thing.

5 comments:

  1. I copied it Ames and will give it a try soon. Your advance billing is pretty convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that was my idea (I mean, Cary holding Abby in between his legs :). She's quite the sight.

    And terrible on you for sharing that recipe. I normally don't even like choc. chip cookies, but these are quite delightful. The trick now is finding out what Andrea puts in her desserts because hers always make me lose weight. :P They are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy,
    You made me crave these all week. And i was too busy to make them...until tonight. But i agree, good recipe! And they turned out! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I look icky in that picture. Although Abby and Sandstorm look pretty funny. :)

    I do not appreciate you sharing your cookie recipe. Now I'm going to make them and eat a whole batch all by myself...Because they are that yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you know, I LOVE these cookies. I still come back to your blog and look for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe every time I bake cookies. They are always winners! Miss your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete