1. First and foremost, my short sojourn as a stay-at-home-Amy has come to end. I got me a grown-up job. After the world's shortest and weirdest interview, I got the job as the Program Director at the Fitness Center here on base. Basically this means I will spend all of my days organizing events on base, making class schedules, making marketing materials, and bossing people around. I applied last week, they called me in this morning for an interview, and an hour later, I had the job. I am still absorbing the situation and I have very mixed feelings about this new development. I think I will make a list within this list of the pros and cons of my new gig.
1. I will get paid. This would be the principle reason why I have agreed to take the job.
2. I will have a cool title, even though my job isn't really all that fancy.
3. I will be a contributing member of society and have things to talk about at the dinner table.
4. It'll look good on the ol' resume. It's about time I had a job to list besides being a lifeguard in high school.
5. This job is actually relevant to my major and all of that knowledge I stuffed into my head for the last 4 years won't just rot and turn my brain into pudding.
2. I wanted to spend the summer playing with my friend's kids at the pool. And several people have asked me to teach piano lessons, but I'm not sure I'll be able to juggle all that.
3. Now I will never get to finish watching 24. Or Rugrats. Or Hey Arnold. My Netflix will be so lonely.
4. On the same note, my Abigail will be so lonely. She's my main homedog and I love that pooch. In order to maintain our current running schedule, I'll have to wake up at what I like to call "the butt crack of dawn" and I am not sure how that'll work out.
5. I am lazy and working is hard.
Overall, I am really really lucky to have this job. It's in my major, pays pretty well, and it sure beats working at Blockbuster.
2. I have a huge girl crush on Adele. Man, I love her. I listen to all of her songs over and over again, and my "Adele" station on Pandora keeps the great tunes coming. I want to be Adele when I grow up.
3. My other current obsession? Pretzels dipped in Nutella. Have mercy. Today I ran 6 miles, came home, and proceeded to inhale a truly obscene amount of pretzels dipped in Nutella. I purchased the pretzels and sweet nectar of the Gods on Monday, and it is already about half gone. I love it so much I am considering taking out adoption papers and making Nutella a member of our family.
|I didn't take this picture, but this is a fairly accurate representation of what's been going down over here lately.|
5. My diet coke addiction is back. And how. The good news is that I have remained strong and don't buy the cans and keep them in the house. The bad news is that Sonic is only 10 minutes away, and a Vanilla Diet Coke with pebbled ice is constantly calling my name and I must answer the call. I will probably die from fake sugar related cancer, but what a delicious way to die.