Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh, the inhumanity.

I woke up yesterday and told Cary that I had a horrible nightmare last night. He asked what it was about, and I told him that I'd dreamed (why do I always think dreampt is a word?) that I'd made cookies and realized once they were in the oven that I'd forgotten the butter.

He said the fact that I consider that to be a nightmare means that I have serious problems.

Little did I know, this nightmare was something of a premonition. I made my favorite chocolate chip cookies this morning, and they didn't turn out at all. I have no idea why. I definitely remembered the butter. My arteries are still feeling anxiety over the fact that the double batch required 3 sticks of butter. But the cookies are flat and not anything like how they are supposed to be and I am quite distraught. I'm so annoyed that I used up all those ingredients, only to toss it all.

I'm even more annoyed that I ate a whole one for breakfast this morning and it wasn't even good.

It is a difficult world I live in.

3 comments:

  1. maybe one of your ingredients expired? sometimes if the baking soda or baking powder is old, it doesn't fuse with the other ingredients the way it should. Thats my only explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, is there a sane reason why you were up and blogging at 5:20 in the morning? Not that cookies aren't great any time of the day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like a baking soda/powder prob like too much/not enough. and if not one of those, just a general mis-measurement. and yeah, i'm a week late. but it is quite the travesty for that to occur. and in that regard, i'm sorry i'm bringing it back up for you. gosh, i'm horrible.

    if it makes you feel any better at all, yesterday i tried an indian curry powder to make this delicious curry (usually i use the curry paste in the box/japanese style and i wanted to try something new).... well, i SUPER botched a HUGE pot of the stuff. Sigh. Turns out that powder wasn't supposed to be used the same way... it was supposed to be used like seasoning when you pan-fry veggies. Oops. It was disgusting. I almost threw up.

    I'm still really sad about your cookies.

    ReplyDelete