Sunday, January 2, 2011

The first 10 things that came to my head

1. I made sure to charge my camera and pack the charger so I could take great pictures while we were at Snowbird, but somehow my camera managed to stay at home. Rats. Here are some crappy cell phone pictures:
Abby helping me pack. She was very concerned about the suitcases.
One of my awesome Christmas presents, the shake weight. If you don't understand why the shake weight is hilarious, it is probably for the best. But in case you need a hint, here's the commercial: Shake Weight. SNL has a parody commercial of it, but that is too PG-13 for this blog.

2. On all of our flights over Christmas break, I got the full can of Diet Coke instead of just the little cup full. It almost made me forget that I was getting in 4 hours later than I was supposed to. 
3. Santa was good to us. We got a red Wii and have loved playing Mario and Wii Party on it. Side note, I am awesome at Mario and Cary is horrible. He is always making us die. While I was in Colorado in October, I helped my Mom pick out a bunch of presents to give us for Christmas. I was still genuinely surprised when I opened them. The many perks of having a very limited attention span and a horrible memory. 

4. Skiing is so weird. Who in the world thought it would be a good idea??? If technology was advanced enough to make skis, it was advanced enough to make a fire and stay inside. Don't get me wrong, I love skiing. I look forward to it all year. But every now and then, when my nose hairs are frozen and I have snow down my pants, I remember how much fun being inside is. Aside from freezing my booty off, the snow was amazing and I was finally getting my ski legs back on when it was time to go home. Now to hit up the great skiing here in Del Rio... Rats.

5. My family is hilarious. And if you don't think so, you don't understand good comedy. I am all caught up on great Youtubes. Speaking of which: Click here or you suck.

6. We struggled to stay awake until midnight on New Year's Eve. This girl loves her sleep and I have grown fond on my elderly sleeping habits.

7. Speaking of New Year's Eve. I was lying down with my hands behind my head and my brother dropped to a knee hard on my elbow. It hurt like a B-word. But the good news is that I got the most amazing bruise of my life. I tried to take a picture, but it really doesn't capture the full spectrum of colors. But here it is anyway.



A weird angle of my elbow. I should rotate this but I don't know how and I'm sleepy. 
8. I ate so much at snowbird. Seriously. I had about 12 meals a day. For all conscious hours of the day, I am not sure longer than 30 minutes elapsed without eating something. I thought I would have to be rolled onto the plane. Somehow I lost 2 lbs. I don't understand how it happened. I'm calling it a Christmas miracle.

9. My cousin Maddie is 13 and she is so much cooler than me. She is an awesome skier and she is so cute. When I was 13, I was short and fat and frizzy and dramatic. When Cary saw some pictures of me in middle school, I'm pretty sure he cried from laughing so hard. (Although he can't really talk, Mr. I-tucked-my-polos-into-my-nerdy-high-waisted-and-belted-jeans-and-I-didn't-break-150-until-I-was-a-Junior-in-college.) How come no one goes through awkward phases anymore? Unfair.

10. I want it to be Christmas again.

2 comments:

  1. haha. i love this. and have also been going through food withdrawls from this break. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Christmas. Ours was much less eventful than yours. But wow, what a bruise. Why was he dropping to a knee anyway?

    ReplyDelete