Monday, October 18, 2010

I can never think of good titles for my thoughts.

I lost my camera charger, dag nabit. I keep wanting to take pictures and post 'em on ye olde blog but I can't. 

One thing I wanted to take a picture of is the freaking tiny airplane that my husband will soon be navigating through the skies. That thing is so small. Here is a picture of it that I found on the internet:

I feel like I could just bat it out of the air! Cary is all kinds of excited and nervous to finally be flying. I have so much anxiety regarding this event. On the one hand, it is awesome and I am so excited for him. Pilots are hot. And on the other hand, I sometimes wish his childhood dream was to be an accountant or something. Hey, accountants are hot too. I find staying on the ground and not being shot at to be a total turn on. But I guess I will try to calm my anxiety and remember all of the positives of my husband being a pilot. Number one being that he looks smokin hot in a flight suit. I am so dang proud of that guy. Cary has been studying his little fanny off at IFS (Initial Flight Screening) but I lucked out and got to hang out with him on Friday. We spent the night in Pueblo and ate pizza in our bed at the hotel at 10:30 p.m. and it was awesome. Two thumbs way up for that. 
Life is amazing when you are married to your best friend. 

I've been struggling to find motivation for my independent study classes. Why won't someone pay me for the unique skills I've already cultivated? Where is the job market for making and eating dessert? There has to be some demand for those who can talk insanely fast and remember a lot of useless information. Did you know that elephants are the only animals with 4 knee joints? That's what I'm here for. And let's not forget about my real talent: knowing all of the words to songs. Somebody let me know if they hear the Lyrics Police are hiring, because I would be an indispensable asset to their team. 

But since nobody is taking advantage of all I have to offer, I find other ways to occupy my time and neglect my studies. Today my sista came over and my mom showed us how to make these adorable little halloween guys. Jars+ tissue paper+ glue= precious halloween decorations to stick lights in. I wish I had my house to decorate! I've always wanted to be crafty. I have these great ideas and pictures in my head, and then when I try to make it, I get frustrated at how slow it is and how uncoordinated I am. And the fact that my Frankenstein looks like a Lego person's head. You think you know what Frankenstein looks like, but when it comes to cutting it out of tissue paper, I was at a loss. But it was fun anyhow and they turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! Minus lego head. 

I would like to close by stating for the record that my fam and my husband are the bomb diggity. 

2 comments:

  1. ummm those are precious!! i love them! look at you being all craftyyyy =))

    and me too with the independent study. i should be rolling with that. and i'm sitting here stalking blogs. you know how i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crafts are pretty nifty. We're kinda bah-hum-bug about Halloween. I wish I was more into it so I could be crafty and make that stuff. I have a pic of a DA-20. We had one here last weekend (crazy huh). And what are you graduating in when you finish your studying?

    ReplyDelete