I'm already a day late on this thing. I think I will include both days in one post. That might be against the rules. I don't care. You're not the boss of my life.
Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
Here comes the first 20 facts about me that I could think of, in no order of significance.
1. I really enjoy annoying my dog. Favorites include hiding from her and scaring her when she finds me, and getting her so excited about going on walks that she jumps about 10 feet straight up in the air, and scaring her with the vacuum.
2. I'm kind of obsessive about cleaning out my ears. And if I see earwax in someone's ears, it takes physical restraint to not grab a Q-tip and go to town.
3. I really like pickles. Only of the dill variety. Sweet pickles are the devil.
4. I hate being hot. In my opinion, you can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so much... The only exception to my hatred of being hot is if I am swimming. But if I'm not swimming, I want to be sitting inside and praising the inventors of air conditioning.
5. I am currently watching a show called "Too Cute" on Animal Planet. It is a show entirely about puppies and other cute animals. It is amazing. And now I'm going to go adopt every puppy in the world.
6. I have a really deep belly button. It's absurd. And I HATE it when my husband pokes my belly button.
7. I make a weird "thinking face" that my whole family makes fun of. I squint my eyes and kind of look off to the side, in my own little world. This often accompanies day dreaming, and the running narrative that plays in my head.
8. I can't cross my eyes. When I try, one of my eyes goes all crazy and zooms to the wrong side. It's kind of freaky.
9. I really like lists. And my planner. I can't function without these two items.
10. I haven't thrown up since I was 7. Because of this, I have developed a major phobia. It's pretty bad. Just the mere mention of someone feeling sick gives me heart palpitations. I kind of wish I would just throw up one of these days so I will get over it and stop being a such a weenie about it.
11. Jeans and a sweater is my favorite thing to wear. Spokane will be heaven.
12. When I was little, I used to wish that I was a midget. I was a very strange child.
13. I like animals, but only selectively. I like 1 out of every 100 cats I meet, and I tend to only like bigger dogs. I would have no problem drop kicking most little yippy dogs across a football field. Mostly I like baby animals. I also really like steak. I like to pretend that my meat grows on a tree.
14. I have the culinary palate of a 4 year old. Yes, I eat normal grown-up food normally, but if left to my own devices (and with no negative health results) I would subsist entirely on sugary cereals, Lunchables, frozen burritos, goldfish, cookies, fruit, and ice cream.
15. A list of foods I would rather starve to death than eat: Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Baloney, Hot dogs, Cottage cheese, and soggy cereal.
16. All I can think of is food things. I don't like milk, but I really want to like milk. Every month or so, I take a sip to see if I've started liking it, but I never do. I only pour enough milk on my cereal to prevent shredding the roof of my mouth, and I tip all of the milk off of each bite before I eat it. But oh I want to like milk. Drinking a glass of water with a big fat brownie really leaves a lot to be desired.
17. My toenails are always painted. And I can't stand having long fingernails.
18. I have extremely detailed and complex dreams every single night. And I always remember them. A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I gave birth to a 6 year old. I was trying to decide what to name her, but instead I just asked her what her name was, and that was that. I was depressed that I didn't get to enjoy any of the baby and growing up things.
19. I am a combination of social and anti-social. There are times where all I want to do is be surrounded by people, and there are a lot of other times where all I want to do is wear sweat pants and be an absolute sloth.
20. I am also a bizarre combination of lazy and hyper. I love to run, take my dog on walks, dance around the kitchen, and I am generally pretty energetic and hyper. But sometimes I'll be sitting on the couch and want to get a drink or get the remote or something, but getting up sounds entirely too exhausting, so I will sit there in discomfort and whine about it until Cary gets tired of hearing about it and gets me some water. Thanks, Care Bear. You're a peach.
I bet your life feels enriched, now that you know all of these important and inspiring things about me.
Day 3: (Skipping, because I don't got no business.)
Day 4: Earliest Childhood Memory.
This one took some digging. And I came to the conclusion: I must not have been a very observant child, because I can not remember a single thing until the Hat Parade at my preschool. I must have been 3 or 4. We all made hats, and then had a parade. Hence the name, Hat Parade. My hat was made of a paper plate and a paper bowl, stacked on top of each other. And then I think I must have poured a whole bottle of glue on it, and dropped sequins, pipe cleaners, and confetti onto the hat until I felt satisfied. I was very proud of that hat. When I see pictures of this event, I see all of the other preschoolers with fancy hats that they most definitely did not make by themselves, but at the time I was not the least bit concerned. As far as I cared, my hat was the most majestic piece of head wear to ever grace the PCBC Preschool parking lot. My mom came to watch, and I'm sure she's never been more proud.
Tomorrow (or the next time I write): My guilty pleasure. Try to contain your excitement. It's going to juicy.