Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Things

In an effort to improve the quantity (but not necessarily quality) of my blog entries, I am blogging even though I don't have much to blog about.

1. I woke up with a terrible sore throat this morning. I pondered calling in sick, not because I really felt all that bad, but because I have a lot of sick hours that I'll lose after the new year. But then I remembered that our internet is broken and we don't have cable, so my fantasy of lounging around and watching TV was dashed away. What is the point of staying home sick if you can't even enjoy some trashy television? So, here I am at work.

2. I made some super delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls with my friend Andrea this week. I brought them home and put them on my counter, whereupon Abby proceeded to lick all of the frosting off of the cinnamon rolls. I wanted to punt her across the yard. But what with her weighing 85 lbs, this was not an option. So instead I gave her a very mean look and locked her in the guest room for a few minutes, which is a horrible punishment for a creature who lives for attention. It was very sad.

3. Andrea has the cutest kids. Dallin is 2, and I could listen to him talk all day. My favorite? He calls popsicles (or suckers, or anything with a stick attached) "gobbickles." It is awesome. I was telling Andrea that Dallin was getting all tall and lanky and he stopped pushing his trains around to chime in with, "I get so lanky!" He knows my name now, which I consider a great personal victory.

4. Awww.
This photo taken on Sept. 26 shows a group of giant panda cubs napping at a nursery in the research base of the Giant Panda Breeding Centre in Chengdu, in southwest China's Sichuan province.




















5. I just finished eating a piece of birthday cake someone brought in for someone's birthday. Some people were commenting that eating cake while working at the gym is kind of contradictory, but I completely disagree. I go to the gym so that I can eat cake and still fit in my pants. I usually pass on birthday cake because I don't feel like wasting calories on something that's usually not that good, but due to my sore throat and grumpy mood, I decided to drown my sorrows in cake. And it was delicious and I don't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. i concur with the gym thought. i work out so i can eat what i want. what a waste. lol

    =) please come visit me sometime soon. say you're sick with all those sick hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, this improves the quality of your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete